The Stove Network is a membership, artist-led organisation based in Dumfries. We are a means for the creative community to play a significant role in the future of our region.The Stove Network
We see the arts not as something solely for an ‘arts audience’, but rather as a vital contribution to society on all fronts.The Stove Network
- Run premises at 100 High Street, Dumfries as a fully accessible public arts space/facility/resource for the population of the town and the wider region
- Support a network that creates opportunities and connections for the creative community and integrates with our local economy and wider society
- Work with artists, young people, local people and groups to make public art events and activities in Dumfries
- Build national and international connections for the arts in South West Scotland
- Curatorial Team – up to seven creative practitioners who work collectively to provide the artistic direction of The Stove Network
- Operations Team – the Operations Team supports the delivery of the work of The Stove Network, people are contracted on a project basis and we also employ core staff
- A Board – responsible for The Stove Network as a Charitable Company and for supporting the Curatorial Team in fulfilling the objectives of the organisation, consisting of local and national entrepreneurs, business-people, environmental and regeneration experts as well as people from the creative sector.
- Membership – we currently have a membership of 400 people ranging from established artists to students and from local businesses to retired people. Anyone who has an interest in the role of arts and culture in bringing new life to places like Dumfries is very welcome to join us!
- To use the arts to engage and empower people for themselves, the places they live and society at large.
- To be open and inclusive, offering hands-on opportunities for participation in creative activity.
- To be questioning, inquisitive and risk-taking – unafraid to be different.
- To be transparent and collaborative in the way we work – bringing integrity to everything we do.
- To make creative work that is challenging and understands quality in process as well as product
We define Public Art as all of the above – using any form of creative practice in the process.
Lowland The Stove is seeking a writer in residence to contribute to a three year project entitled Lowland.Lowland is a 3-year project conceived and delivered by the Stove Network. It…
Meet the Artists! Lochside Public Art Project artists Susheila and James will be running stone carving workshops in Lochside and Lincluden this month. Try your hand at Stone Carving! Help…
Gordon Robertson 1936 – 2018 It was with great sadness that we learnt of the death of Gordon Robertson yesterday. Gordon had been a Stove member since the very early…