"The Stove Network is a membership, artist-led organisation based in Dumfries. We are a means for the creative community to play a significant role in the future of our region."− The Stove Network
"We see the arts not as something solely for an ‘arts audience’, but rather as a vital contribution to society on all fronts."− The Stove Network
- Work with artists, young people, local people and groups to make public art events and activities in Dumfries
- Run premises at 100 High Street, Dumfries as a fully accessible public arts space/facility/resource for the population of the town and the wider region
- Build national and international connections for the arts in South West Scotland
- Support a network that creates opportunities and connections for the creative community and integrates with our local economy and wider society
- Curatorial Team – up to seven creative practitioners who work collectively to provide the artistic direction of The Stove Network
- Operations Team – the Operations Team supports the delivery of the work of The Stove Network, people are contracted on a project basis and we also employ core staff
- A Board – responsible for The Stove Network as a Charitable Company and for supporting the Curatorial Team in fulfilling the objectives of the organisation, consisting of local and national entrepreneurs, business-people, environmental and regeneration experts as well as people from the creative sector.
- Membership – we currently have a membership in excess of 250 people ranging from established artists to students and from local businesses to retired people. Anyone who has an interest in the role of arts and culture in bringing new life to places like Dumfries is very welcome to join us!
- Make connections between people and place
- Communicate not complicate
- Are created through collaboration
- Do all of the above with quality, commitment and a spirit of fun
If you wish to make an idea happen through The Stove Network – please see our Artistic Policy Statement.
- To help embed creative process as an essential part of the way our society functions.
- To be open and inclusive, offering hands-on opportunities for participation in creative activity.
- To be questioning, inquisitive and risk-taking – unafraid to be different.
- To be transparent and collaborative in the way we work – bringing integrity to everything we do.
- To make creative work that is challenging and understands quality in process as well as product
We define Public Art as all of the above – using any form of creative practice in the process.
The Stove Network and Electric Fields are proud to announce the launch of a new Art commission for this years Electric Fields festival. We are looking for an artist (or…
The Stove Network seeking a creative practitioner (or team) to spend time in Dumfries and interact with our project, Cultural Wayfinding – Our Norwegian Story, over a period of five…
The Stove Network is seeking a new member of the Curatorial Team, to be based in Dumfries (www.thestove.org) The Curatorial Team is, in effect, the collective artistic director of The Stove…